Kerala, India is a place of beauty and adventure. From the lush green hills and rolling tea plantations to the breathtaking beaches and backwaters, Kerala has something to offer every traveler. In this blog post, we will explore 6 places to visit in Kerala that you must visit at least once in your lifetime – get ready for an unforgettable experience!
Top 6 Places To Visit In Kerala
There are many reasons why Kerala is a must-see destination for every Indian traveler. From its stunning beaches and backwaters to its vibrant culture and cuisine, Kerala has something to offer everyone. Here are the top 6 places to visit in Kerala:
1. Kochi – Kochi is a beautiful coastal city located on the southwest coast of India. It is known for its stunning beaches, colonial architecture, and vibrant nightlife. Kochi is also home to some of the best seafood in India.
2. Munnar – Munnar is a small hill town located in the Western Ghats mountain range. It is known for its tea plantations, scenic views, and wildlife sanctuaries.
3. Alleppey – Alleppey is a beautiful town located on the banks of the backwaters of Kerala. It is known for its houseboat cruises, Ayurvedic treatments, and temples.
4. Thekkady – Thekkady is a small town located in the Periyar National Park. It is known for its elephant rides, spice plantations, and tigers.
5. Kovalam – Kovalam is a beach town located on the south coast of India. It is known for its two beautiful beaches, lighthouse, and ayurvedic resorts.
6. Kumarakom – Kumarakom is a small village located on the banks of Vembanad Lake. It is known
What To Do In Each Place?
There’s so much to see and do in Kerala that it can be hard to know where to start. To help you plan your trip, we’ve put together a list of the best things to do in each place.
In Munnar, head to the Eravikulam National Park to see some of Kerala’s amazing wildlife up close. Then, explore the tea plantations that this region is famous for. Finally, don’t miss out on a visit to Top Station, where you’ll get stunning views of the Western Ghats.
In Thekkady, go on a safari through Periyar National Park to spot elephants, tigers, and other animals in their natural habitat. You can also take a boat ride on Lake Periyar and visit some of the area’s spice plantations.
Kochi is a must-visit for any traveler to Kerala. Start by exploring Fort Kochi, where you’ll find colonial buildings and Chinese fishing nets. Then, head to Mattancherry Palace to see some beautiful murals. Finish up with a walk through Jew Town, home to synagogue street and the Dutch Palace.
Don’t miss out on a trip to Kumarakom, where you can relax on the beach or take a cruise down the backwaters. You can also visit the bird sanctuary here and see some of Kerala’s amazing birdlife up close.
Finally, make sure you include Alleppey on your itinerary. This is the
Accommodation Options In Kerala
When choosing accommodation in Kerala, there are many options to consider. From opulent resorts and hotels to more modest guesthouses and homestays, there is something to suit every taste and budget.
For those looking for a luxurious experience, the Oberoi Vrindavan in Kumarakom is an excellent choice. With its beautiful setting on the banks of Lake Vembanad, this resort offers guests the chance to relax and unwind in style. Alternatively, The Taj Malabar Resort & Spa in Kochi is another fantastic option, offering stunning views of the Arabian Sea.
If you’re looking for something more affordable, there are plenty of great guesthouses and homestays dotted around Kerala. Many of these offer traditional Kerala architecture and furnishings, as well as warm hospitality from the owners. Some of our favorites include Abad Whispering Palms in Fort Kochi and Coconut Lagoon in Kumarakom.
Accommodation Options For A Comfortable Stay In Kerala
When it comes to finding the perfect accommodation for your trip to Kerala, there are several options available to choose from. Whether you’re looking for a luxurious hotel or a more budget-friendly option, there is something for everyone in Kerala.
For those who are looking for a luxurious stay, the Oberoi Group of Hotels offers some of the best accommodations in Kerala. The Oberoi Amarvilas is located in Kochi and offers stunning views of the Arabian Sea. The hotel features an outdoor pool, spa, and fine-dining restaurants.
If you’re looking for a more budget-friendly option, there are several homestay options available throughout Kerala. These homestays offer comfortable accommodations and a unique insight into Kerala culture. Many homestays also include meals as part of the rate, so be sure to check with your chosen accommodation before booking.
What To See And Do In Kerala
Kerala is a must-see destination for every Indian traveler. The state is known for its backwaters, beaches, churches, and spice trade. Here are some of the places you should visit in Kerala:
1) Varkala – One of the most popular destinations in Kerala, Varkala is a town on the banks of the Periyar River. With its white sand beaches and calm waters, it’s a perfect spot to relax after a long day of sightseeing.
2) Alleppey – Home to world-famous Mattancherry Beach and Ayurvedic resorts, Alleppey is also a great place to explore ancient ruins and soak up natural beauty.
3) Cherai – Once known as the ‘Queen of Backwaters’ Cherai is worth visiting for its canals and rice fields. There’s also an interesting temple dedicated to an elephant-headed deity.
4) Kochi – One of Kerala’s oldest cities and home to colonial heritage, Kochi is worth exploring for its narrow streets and vibrant nightlife. It’s also an excellent base from which to explore the rest of the state.
5) Calicut – The main city in the Malabar Coast region, Calicut offers an intriguing mix of modern and traditional architecture. It’s also home to several UNESCO World Heritage Sites, including The Mosque at Ulughatty and Kollam Port.
Kerala is definitely a destination to add to your bucket list and explore. From its serene backwaters, lush forests, and gorgeous beaches, there’s something for everyone in Kerala.
Whether an adventurer or a beach lover, the seven places mentioned above are must-visit spots that you will cherish forever! So plan your trip now and get ready for some amazing experiences!