Delhi is one of the most popular tourist destinations in India, and for good reason! Whether you’re a travel enthusiast looking for new and exciting places to explore, or you’re just someone who loves soaking up the local culture, there are plenty of attractions in Delhi that will appeal to you. From heritage sites like the Qutub Minar to popular attractions like the Connaught Place market, read on for information on five awesome Delhi places to visit if you’re a travel enthusiast!
4 Awesome Delhi Places To Visit If You’re A Travel Enthusiast
If you’re a travel enthusiast, Delhi has a lot to offer. Here are some of the coolest Delhi Places To Visit if you’re looking for an exciting adventure:
1. Qutub Minar
This ancient tower is one of the most impressive sights in Delhi. It’s located near the India Gate, and it dates back to 1192 AD. The Qutub Minar is made up of 72 monolithic columns, and each column is about 27 meters high.
2. Red Fort
This fort is one of the most famous landmarks in Delhi. It was built in 1748 by Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his beloved wife Mumtaz Mahal. The fort has a number of interesting attractions, including a moat and an observation deck.
3. Chandni Chowk
Chandni Chowk is one of Delhi’s busiest shopping districts, and it has a number of interesting things to see as well. There’s the Jama Masjid mosque, which is one of the largest mosques in India, and there are also several shops selling traditional Indian clothes and jewelry.
4. Lodhi Gardens
Lodhi Gardens are another beautiful place to visit in Delhi. They’re located on the banks of the Yamuna River, and they’ve been used as a royal garden since 1351 AD. There’s a lot of history here (including the burial site of Mughal Emperor Jahangir), so be sure to take some time.
Things To Know Before Visiting Delhi
Delhi is a massive city with endless possibilities for exploration. Here are some things to know before visiting:
1. The National Capital Region (NCR) of Delhi includes the municipalities of New Delhi, Gurugram, and Noida.
2. Delhi is one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world. It served as the capital of the Mughal Empire from 1556 until 1857. After British rule, Delhi became the largest and most populous metropolitan area in India.
3. Today, Delhi is home to some of India’s most iconic tourist attractions, including the Qutb Minar and Raj Ghat Memorials, both UNESCO World Heritage Sites; the Red Fort; Humayun’s Tomb; and Lal Quila, or Red Fort Palace.
4. With so much to see and do in Delhi, it’s best to plan your trip well in advance! You can find more information about visiting Delhi on DestinationDelhi.in or through our travel partners at VisitDelhi.
5. Delhi is one of the most popular tourist destinations in India. It’s also known as the “Pink City” because of its rich history and stunning architecture.
6. The city is laid out in a rectangular grid pattern with broad boulevards running through it.
7. The main attractions in Delhi are the Old and New Delhi areas, both of which are UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
8. Other popular tourist destinations in Delhi include Raj Ghat, Qutab Minar, Jama Masjid, and Red Fort.
9. All major hotels are located within easy reach of the city center, so there’s no need to book ahead. However, check opening times as some museums and monuments close at 5 pm or 6 pm during the weekdays and on weekends.
Highlights Of Each Place To Visit In Delhi
1. India Gate – Located in the heart of New Delhi, the imposing India Gate was built to commemorate the British victory over the Raja of Jhansi at the 1857 Battle of Delhi. The gate is flanked by massive Rajput towers and is a popular Delhi Places To Visit.
2. Red Fort – Home to India’s first presidential palace, Red Fort also served as the residence of Mughal emperors and is one of Delhi’s most iconic landmarks. Today, it houses a number of museums including the National Army Museum and the National Gallery of Modern Art.
3. Connaught Place – One of Delhi’s busiest areas with plenty of shopping options, Connaught Place also features some impressive architecture including the Qutub Minar and Humayun’s Tomb.
4. Jama Masjid – Another important religious site in Delhi, Jama Masjid is a mosque dating back to 1528 and features an amazing calligraphy panel inside its main dome.
5. Old Delhi – A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Old Delhi is home to some incredible architectural treasures such as Qutb Minar and Jahangir’s Garden which date back to 16th century India.
What To Take With You On Your Delhi Trip?
When you’re planning your trip to Delhi, it’s important to take into account the climate. The summers can be hot and humid, while the winters can be freezing. To avoid these extremes, take things like an air conditioning unit or a fan with you.
Another thing to consider is what you’ll need to see and do in Delhi. You don’t have to stay in one place all day; visit different areas of the city and explore everything that’s on offer.
Indulge in some shopping at local markets and boutiques, enjoy a delicious Indian meal at a restaurant, or go for a walk in one of Delhi’s many parks. The possibilities are endless!
Finally, remember that safety is always paramount when traveling to any new place. Make sure you know where safe places are located within the city and always use common sense when traveling alone or in unfamiliar territory.
If you’re a travel enthusiast like me, then Delhi is definitely one of the places that you should add to your list of destinations. With so many things to see and do, it’s hard to decide what to prioritize.
In this article, we’ve highlighted four awesome Delhi places that are perfect if you’re looking for an exciting and new experience when traveling.
So whether you’re planning your next vacation or just want some inspiration, read on for our top picks!