The Canadian government is making it more difficult for some people to work in Canada with the new changes to the Temporary Foreign Worker program. The purpose of this article is to connect you with 6 steps that may help make it easier for you to get a Canada work visa.
6 Steps To Help You Get A Canada Work Visa
1. Determine if you need a work visa. If you are coming to Canada to work, you will need a work visa unless you are a citizen of Canada or a permanent resident of Canada.
2. Figure out what type of work visa you need. The type of work visa you need depends on several factors such as the country you are coming from, the length of time you plan to stay in Canada, and the type of job you will be doing.
3. Gather the required documents. To apply for a work visa, you will need to submit several documents such as a completed application form, your passport, and proof of financial support.
4. Submit your application and pay the required fees. Once you have gathered all the required documents, you can submit your application online or at a Canadian consulate or embassy. You will also need to pay the required fees which vary depending on the type of visa and how many entries into Canada you are requesting.
5. Wait for your application to be processed. The processing time for work visas can vary depending on the country you are applying from and the time of year but is typically around two weeks.
6. Start working in Canada! Once your application has been approved, you will receive your work visa which will allow you to legally start working in Canada!
How Much Does It Cost To Get A Canada Work Visa
The cost of a Canadian work visa depends on a number of factors, including the type of visa you apply for, your country of citizenship, and the length of your stay in Canada.
The most common type of work visa is the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP) visa, which allows foreign workers to come to Canada for a specific job or employer. The TFWP has two sub-categories: high-wage and low-wage. The cost of a high-wage TFWP visa is $155 CAD, while the cost of a low-wage TFWP visa is $100 CAD.
If you are applying for a work visa under the International Mobility Program (IMP), there is no application fee. However, if you are applying for a work permit through the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), you may be required to pay an application fee to your province or territory of residence.
Finally, if you are applying for permanent residency through one of Canada’s economic immigration programs, you will need to pay the federal government’s processing fees. These fees vary depending on the program you apply for, but they start at $550 CAD for the Federal Skilled Worker Program and go up to $1,850 CAD for the Federal Skilled Trades Program.
How To Apply For A Visa To Canada
Assuming you are not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, you will need a work visa to work in Canada. The most common type of work visa is the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP).
There are three steps to applying for a work visa under the TFWP:
1. Get a job offer from a Canadian employer
2. Obtain a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC), unless your occupation is on the LMIA-exempt list
3. Apply for a work permit from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Your potential employer must first obtain an LMIA from ESDC. An LMIA is a confirmation that there is no one in Canada who can do the job you have been offered and that your employees will have a positive or neutral impact on the Canadian labor market. Once your employer has obtained an LMIA, they will send it to you along with a copy of their advertisement for the position which was used to obtain the LMIA. You will need these documents when you apply for your work permit.
To apply for a work permit, you must submit several documents to IRCC, including:
-A completed application form
-Your valid passport or travel document
-Two recent passport photographs of yourself
-The processing fee ($155 CAD for regular processing, $100 CAD if applying under the International Experience Canada program)
-The LMIA from your employer
Things To Consider Before Applying For A Visa
Before you begin the process of applying for a work visa for Canada, there are a few things you should consider.
First, you need to make sure that you meet the basic requirements for a work visa. You must have a valid passport, and you must be able to show that you have the skills and qualifications necessary to do the job you are applying for.
You will also need to show that you have a job offer from a Canadian employer. The employer must be willing to sponsor your work visa application.
Finally, you should be prepared to pay the fees associated with applying for a work visa. These fees can vary depending on the type of visa you are applying for and the country you are applying from.
Once you have considered these things, you can begin the process of applying.
What Jobs You Can Get With A Visa
There are many different types of jobs that you can get with a Canada work visa. Here are just a few examples:
Customer service representative
Food and beverage server
Nurses and healthcare workers
These are just some of the many occupations that are open to foreigners with a Canada work visa. With such a wide variety of jobs available, there is sure to be something to suit your skills and interests. So don’t hesitate to start your Canadian working adventure today!
If you’re looking to move to Canada and work, then you’ll need a work visa. The process can seem daunting, but if you follow these five steps then you’ll be on your way to getting a Canadian work visa in no time. Good luck!